Here's Looking at You, Kid.

Here's to sophomore year. Here's to long nights of studying - or finding excuses to not study. Here's to far too many disoriented blogs filled with incessant ramblings of a slightly detatched mind. Here's looking at you, kid. Cheers.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

"It's easy..."

Mock interviews are quite possibly one of the best investments of my time here at UT. Let me count the ways:
1) I get more experience interviewing with a real live recruiter rather than just practicing in front of the mirror or while I'm driving to the laundromat (i.e. my brother's place). Thursday's interview was especially helpful - I like how the recruiters will tell you what you did right and what you did wrong/need to work on right then and there. I guess the best way to know what recruiters are looking for is to ask them directly, eh? Yeah, so the constructive criticism went like this: I need to know myself better - I think he meant that I needed to know what direction I wanted to take after college better. But I'm a freshman, right? I'm betting I've got a little more time to figure that out.
2) Free stuff. Duh. Everyone who participated got a little UT backpack thing. I really don't know the correct term for those bags.
3) Uh, more free stuff - in this case food. Yes, I managed to walk out of the business school with two lunches from this nifty little sandwich shop down the street. Free food = good anytime.
Moral of this story is: sign up for mock interviews. NOW. If you can't sign up now... uh, go watch some Veronica Mars and see the fabulousness you're missing out on.
I was contemplating getting really deep about something that's been on my mind lately, but I've decided to let that wait until tomorrow; vado a letto ora perché sono molto stanca. You know how it goes.
Final thoughts for tonight - a book, an album, and a quotation.
_The Plot Against America_ by Philip Roth (why we should be thankful Charles Lindbergh never ran for president)
"The Graduate" by MC Lars (Be careful: he's apparently 'more punk than you'.)
and finally, something that I find inspiring - it's also a kind of lead-in for my next entry:
"There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be."
-The Beatles, 'All You Need is Love'

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So did you dress up and everything for the mock interviews? Cool. Happy Valentine's Day!
Love ya, Mom

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home