Here's Looking at You, Kid.

Here's to sophomore year. Here's to long nights of studying - or finding excuses to not study. Here's to far too many disoriented blogs filled with incessant ramblings of a slightly detatched mind. Here's looking at you, kid. Cheers.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Midterms. Oh, Midterms.

Round One of Midterms: Completed.
Whether or not this was done successfully is open for interpretation.
Two A's, two B's, one C. I'm a perfectly mediocre student.
Still, I'm not happy.
Not that grades are overly important to me; they're just extremely representative of my preferences.
You see, I enjoy psychology and genetics. I love to learn about the human body and psyche and genome. I pay more attention in those classes, take better notes, study more efficiently, blah blah blah. The point is, I get A's and B's in those classes.
On the flip side, I have a sincere distaste for economics. It's a messy subject with terms that are barely distinguishable from one another (Supply versus Demand? Seems easy enough, until you try to construct a graph based on which one affects which factors and so on and so forth... think about it too long, and you see that it can work either way: supply affects demand, or demand affects supply. Hell, what did I just type? None of that made sense; I'm sorry I wasted your time with my confused economical ramblings. Your opportunity cost of reading this blog entry: your sanity.)
I guess I'm just starting to realize that however much I like a certain course definitely impacts how hard I work for better grades in that class. I should work harder in the classes I dislike, forcing myself to learn the material, but... eh.
In other news, work is great. Ever had that late night craving for a cookie whilst you duly study your life away for midterms? That's what Tiff's Treats are for. I'm proud to say that I'm part of that magical cookie-creating company. I'm pretty sure that my shower is going to smell of cookie dough forevermore. Still not sure if that's good or bad. Hm.
And, as some of you may know, I have fish. I really wanted turtles, but apparently we're not allowed to have anything BUT fish in our dorms (even though turtles require essentially the exact same environment; I just don't understand the big deal). Funny thing is, I'm really not a fish-lover. In fact, I don't care for fish at all. One already died - totally not my fault. I haven't even given the other two names, and I've had them for two weeks. They're just the big one and the little one. Even though I don't like them, I'm not going to neglect them; I'm too afraid of PETA busting in like a bad episode of C.O.P.S.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mashaal said...

eco killed me my first semester. killed me.

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home