Here's Looking at You, Kid.

Here's to sophomore year. Here's to long nights of studying - or finding excuses to not study. Here's to far too many disoriented blogs filled with incessant ramblings of a slightly detatched mind. Here's looking at you, kid. Cheers.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Dreams.

I thought this was a really good assignment, and so I'll share my response.

What would you consider as the Job from Heaven (or Hell!) for yourself? Realistic or not, make sure you cover the what, where, and with whom aspects.

The Job from Heaven
Now, I could be stereotypical here and say that the most desirable job would be one where I could maximize my paycheck while minimizing my labor.
But that wouldn’t be very interesting, now would it?
My dream job is to be a writer. Short and simple. But I don’t want to be just another Harlequin romance novelist or just the next author to compose a biography on Elvis Presley. I want to write an entrancing novel that keeps my readers on the edge of their seats and leaves them screaming for more afterward. I want to write inspirational texts helping others in the warpath of life. I want to be able to live and travel wherever and whenever I please without worrying about making it to the office by nine o’clock each morning. I want to work by myself (by writing, of course), but I still want to be connected to the people through conventions and gatherings and weddings and whatever. I want to make a connection through my writings with others.

The Most Hellacious Job Ever
I can never see myself working a desk job. I cannot stand the thought of performing menial, repetitive tasks each and every day for eight straight hours. Have you ever seen Office Space? I couldn’t do it. There is absolutely no way. I could not sit at a desk in Kentucky with an overbearing boss and a far-too-friendly (or even a far-too-cold) crew and push paper for forty hours a week. Absolutely not.

Maybe one day I'll be a writer. Until then, I'll keep working on my wordcraft and just taking each day one at a time.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mashaal said...

desk job. blech.

7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home