Here's Looking at You, Kid.

Here's to sophomore year. Here's to long nights of studying - or finding excuses to not study. Here's to far too many disoriented blogs filled with incessant ramblings of a slightly detatched mind. Here's looking at you, kid. Cheers.

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Cookie crumbs and college classes.

College may not be as scary as I thought.
It's Sunday night, and my first week (and by "week", I mean "three days") of classes are over. Recap of what I've learned thus far:

a) Professors (and/or T.A.s) are surprisingly down-to-earth and personable, not the cocky, arrogant caricatures I've so often seen in movies and read in books. They truly seem to understand a student's life. In Italian, we greet our teacher with the informal "Ciao" - her request. In Genetics, our professor helps us out by telling us when not to take notes. In psychology, we actually took a poll (by hand-raising), and as it turns out, the professor hates exams just as much as the 300-person class.
b) There is a bus for almost anywhere I'm going. Up 21st Street to visit a friend in Dobie? There's the FA. Going from PCL to Art? There's the WC (West Campus, not Water Closet). Need to make it from Kinsolving to Jester in less than ten minutes? Well, I haven't had to do that yet, but if I did, I'm sure there's a bus for it.
c) J2 is financially-sensible heaven. The food's not bad, either. All-you-can-eat for... what, $3.00? Beats the hell out of a $6.00 meal of a sandwich, chips, and drink down at Jester City Limits. It deeply saddens me that J2 is closed over the weekend - I feel like I'm wasting money by not eating at a buffet. Then again, I guess the weekend is what the twelve coupon booklets I've accumulated over the week are for.
d) The laundry room is deserted on game days. I didn't get tickets for the North Texas game in time, so instead, I did laundry and watched the game on the TV in there. Easy cheesy.
e) Always wear orange on game days. Always.

And now, I'm sitting in my dorm with eight of my friends (one of which is Dylan), eating Tiff's Treats and watching Office Space. Right now, it doesn't get much better than this. Of course, right now, I don't have much homework. Though I am expecting it. (If you're a professor, please don't hurt me by giving insane amounts of homework on Tuesday. Mm ok thanks.)

NOTE: Tiff's Treats rock my face off, and they'll rock yours off, too, if you give them the chance. Seriously... my face is on the computer screen right now. Actually, it's kinda hard to type in this condition.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah. So i tried leaving a comment 2 days ago on this.
But. Anyway.
You make college life seem easier than i would have made it out to be.
Sounds like your having fun. :P
Love from Orchestra. && mostly Aly. xD

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home